IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS ("OFFICIAL RULES") BEFORE ENTERING BUDWEISER’S SELECT HOCKEY TICKETS FOR LIFE OR $250,000 CONTEST (THE "CONTEST"). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, AN ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE SATISFIES ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND AGREES TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF LABATT BREWERIES OF CANADA (THE “CONTEST SPONSOR”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN YOUR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE. OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will run from on or about April 22, 2013 until 11:59 pm EST on June 17, 2013 (the “Contest Close Date”).
2. HOW TO PLAY: Must be of legal drinking age. No purchase necessary. You must have Internet access, and a valid email address in order to participate. During the Contest period: (i) in participating retail locations across Canada, consumers can look inside specially marked cases of Budweiser for a unique PIN card, while supplies last; or (ii) in participating bars and restaurants across Canada, consumers can look for specially marked Budweiser coasters/PIN cards for a PIN entry, while supplies last. Specially marked cases of Budweiser are available at participating retail stores across Canada while supplies last. PINs are also available without purchase (see No Purchase Entry section below) while supplies last. To participate, go to budweiser.ca or kingclub.ca, and click on the Contest link. You must be an existing King Club member or register for the King Club in order to enter the Contest. During registration, you will be asked to provide a valid email address and create a password or connect via Facebook Connect. You must complete every field that is required on the “Registration” pages in order to register and participate in the Contest. After registering, you can log in and enter your PIN. Each unique PIN can only be entered once and will be counted as one entry. You can enter as many unique PINs as you like during the Contest Period. Each PIN entered must be allocated to a city as shown online at kingclub.ca as participating in the 2013 professional hockey playoffs (the “Playoffs”). Participating cities may include: Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Nashville, St. Louis, New Jersey, Long Island, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Raleigh (Carolina), Fort Lauderdale (Florida), Tampa Bay, Washington, Winnipeg, Anaheim, Dallas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Calgary, Denver (Colorado), Edmonton, Saint Paul (Minnesota), and Vancouver (each, a “City” and collectively, the “Cities”). Each unique PIN can only be allocated against one City, but multiple unique PINs can be entered against each City (i.e. you can put more than one “ballot” in every City’s box!). Once a City has lost in any round of the Playoffs, all PINs allocated to that City will be removed from future draws. PINs entered after the Contest Close Date are void even if the Playoffs continue after the Contest Close Date.
3. NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To receive a unique PIN code without purchase:
- • Retail – at retail, print your complete name, address, city, province, postal code, age, mobile / telephone number, e-mail address and the statement "I am of legal drinking age in my province or territory of residence and a resident of Canada" along with your signature and mail with a self addressed envelope with sufficient postage to “Budweiser SELECT HOCKEY TICKETS FOR LIFE OR $250,000 Contest” 180 Henri Durant Street, Moncton, NB, E1E 1E6. A PIN will be sent to the address you provided in your request within approximately 2 days of the receipt of your request. Limit of 1 request per person per week. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any mail-in PIN requests that are lost, misdirected, illegible, late, incomplete or mutilated. Requests must be received in time so that a PIN can be mailed to you in time to participate prior to the Contest Close Date.
- • At Participating Restaurants and Bars - at participating restaurants and bars across Canada, ask your server for a specially marked coaster / PIN card. Limit 1 per person per day.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS:
- (i) Secondary Prizes. Entries are closed daily at 12PM (noon) EST. Entries submitted after 12PM EST will not be eligible for the Secondary Prizes drawn that day. Every authenticated goal scored during the hockey playoffs will result in one random PIN drawn from those PINs that have been allocated to the goal scoring City by participating consumers for a Secondary Prize (as defined in Section 6, below). All PINs are eligible for the remainder of future draws (except Penalty Box draws), as long as that City remains in the Playoffs. A “Goal” shall be defined for the purposes of this Contest as recorded and validated goals occurring during regular game play or overtime during the Playoffs by one of the Cities listed in Section 2, above, and as indicated as “still active” on the kingclub.ca website. For the avoidance of doubt, Goals shall be determined by official individual player statistics and shall not be awarded for any shootout scoring plays. There are 4 levels of Secondary Prizes in each of the 4 rounds of the Playoffs available to be won, which shall be awarded in the manner set out in Section 6 below. Winners will be announced online (including, but not limited to, on kingclub.ca) for the previous 24 hour period of play by approximately 6 pm EST on the following day.
- (ii) Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prizes. Entries are closed daily at 12PM (noon) EST. Entries submitted after 12PM (noon) EST will not be eligible for the Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize (as defined in Section 6 below) drawn that day. Each day during the Playoffs, 1 random PIN shall be drawn from a pool of all PINs allocated to Cities that scored a Goal during the previous day’s Playoff games for a Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that no game is played on a day during the Playoff period, no Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize shall be awarded for that day. Winners will be announced online (including, but not limited to, on kingclub.ca) for the previous 24 hour period of play by approximately 6 pm EST on the following day.
- (iii) For the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize (as defined in Section 6, below) shall be determined by a PIN selected from the PINs allocated to the City that scores the game winning Goal in the final game of the Playoffs. A random draw of the eligible PINs allotted to that city will take place on approximately July 2, 2013 at 46 Spadina Ave, Toronto Ontario at 12PM (noon) EST. The selected entrant will be contacted by phone and/or email within 2 days of the draw. If a selected entrant is unable to be contacted after 3 attempts, he or she forfeits the prize and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be selected.
- (iv) General. The Contest Sponsor will attempt to notify selected entrants via email or phone, within 2 days of the draw. If a selected entrant is not reached within 3 attempts, then he or she forfeits the prize and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be selected. In order to be declared a winner, a selected entrant must have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question without assistance online at kingclub.ca during the registration process and must be in compliance with the Official Rules and may be required to sign and return a standard form release within a designated time period.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to residents of Canada who are of legal drinking age in their province or territory of residence, and who are not employees, contractors, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor, or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, the applicable provincial liquor authorities, participating liquor licensees, prize suppliers, the contest judge, or any person who is domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to this Contest. In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. PRIZES & PRIZE ROTATION: Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not-transferable and non-redeemable for cash, except as specifically set out herein. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- Secondary Prizes will be awarded for each Goal scored by a City during the Playoffs in an amount that is prescribed below in subsection (ii) by round of the Playoffs and in a Secondary Prize rotation set out in subsection (iii). The number of Secondary Prizes available to be won has been based on an estimate of the number of Goals that would be scored in the Playoffs. In the event that more Goals are scored than prizes set out above, additional “D Category” prizes shall be awarded in each round for each such additional Goal. In the event that fewer Goals are scored than as prescribed in any round, such prizing shall be moved into a “Penalty Box” pool as described below in subsection (v) and awarded at the conclusion of the Playoffs.
- “D Category” - there are 500 x Crystal White PS3 Limited Edition Bundles to be won, each with an approximate retail value of $500;
- “C Category” – there are 245 x Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2s to be won, each with an approximate retail value of $450;
- “B Category” – there are 32 x 51” Samsung Plasma TVs to be won, each with an approximate retail value of $980;
- “A Category” – there are 10 x 75” Samsung LED TVs to be won, each with an approximate retail value of $10,000;
Secondary Prizes will be awarded for each Goal scored by a City during the Playoffs in an amount that is prescribed below in subsection (ii) by round of the Playoffs and in a Secondary Prize rotation set out in subsection (iii). The number of Secondary Prizes available to be won has been based on an estimate of the number of Goals that would be scored in the Playoffs. In the event that more Goals are scored than prizes set out above, additional “D Category” prizes shall be awarded in each round for each such additional Goal. In the event that fewer Goals are scored than as prescribed in any round, such prizing shall be moved into a “Penalty Box” pool as described below in subsection (v) and awarded at the conclusion of the Playoffs.
- Number of Secondary Prizes Available by Round. The following Secondary Prizes will be made available by round of the Playoffs (based on an estimate of the number of Goals that will be scored) by category:
Category Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 TOTAL D 300 134 56 10 500 C 91 68 46 40 245 B 7 7 7 11 32 A 2 2 2 4 10 TOTAL 400 211 111 65 787
- Secondary Prize Rotation by Category. Based on the maximum number of Goals estimated to be scored in any round at a maximum of 400 for Round 1 (per the above), Secondary Prizes shall be awarded in the rotation set out below in each round of the Playoffs. Where more Goals are scored in any Round, additional D Category Secondary Prizes shall be awarded to the PINs selected for such Goals.
Goal # CATEGORY D C B A 1-30 30 31-35 5 36 1 37-66 30 67-71 5 72-101 30 102-106 5 107-136 30 137 1 138-167 30 168-172 5 173-202 30 203-207 5 208 1 209-238 30 239-243 5 244-273 30 274 1 275-279 5 280-299 20 300 1 301-305 5 306-315 10 316 1 317-326 10 327-336 10 337-346 10 347-361 15 362-363 2 364-378 15 379-388 10 389 1 390-400 11 TOTAL 300 91 7 2
Goal # CATEGORY D C B A 1-27 27 28 1 29-45 17 46-48 3 49-75 27 76-77 2 78-94 17 95-121 27 122-123 2 124-140 17 141 1 142-168 27 169-170 2 171-185 15 186-211 26 TOTAL 134 68 7 2
Goal # CATEGORY D C B A 1-14 14 15-37 23 38-40 3 41 1 42-55 14 56-78 23 79-92 14 93-96 4 97 1 98-111 14 TOTAL 56 46 7 2
Goal # CATEGORY D C B A 1-5 5 6-25 20 26-31 6 32-33 2 34-38 5 39-40 2 41-60 20 61-65 5 TOTAL 10 40 11 4
*For Round 4, Secondary Prizes shall be awarded for all Goals except for the game winning Goal in the final game of the Playoffs. The game winning Goal in the final game of the Playoffs shall be allocated the Grand Prize, as described in subsection (vi) below.
- Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize. There are a total of approximately 60 Budweiser Red Light prizes available to be won consisting of a Budweiser Red Light, instruction manual and set up kit and an approximate retail value of $149 (each a “Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize ”). The Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prize is selected by a draw from all entrants who have selected a team that has scored a goal in the previous day’s Playoff games. The number of Budweiser Red Lights Daily Prizes is based on each game of each round going to 7 games, for a total potential number of 60 Playoff days. In the event that fewer games are played in the Playoffs, such prizing shall be moved into a “Penalty Box” pool as described below in subsection (v) and awarded at the conclusion of the Playoffs.
- “Penalty Box” Secondary Prizes. Where the total number of Secondary Prizes by round are not awarded because fewer Goals were scored in a round than set out in subsection (iii) above, each such Secondary Prize shall be allocated to the penalty box (the “Penalty Box Prizes”). Penalty Box Prizes shall be awarded by a random draw of Contest PINs allocated to the City that scores the game winning Goal of the final game of the Playoffs (that have not previously been awarded a prize) that had been entered into the Contest up and until the Contest Close Date. Prizes will be distributed in a random order of Secondary Prize categories until the total number of outstanding Secondary Prizes have been awarded. The Penalty Box Secondary Prize draws will take place on or about July 2, 2013 at 12PM (noon) EST at 46 Spadina Ave, Toronto Ontario. The selected entrant will be contacted by phone and/or email within 2 days of the draw. If a selected entrant is unable to be contacted after 3 attempts, he or she forfeits the prize and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be selected.
- Grand Prize. The final PIN selected from the City that scores the game winning Goal of the final game of the Playoffs shall be eligible to win the grand prize as described herein (the “Grand Prize”). There is 1 Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of either:
- OPTION 1 - 2 tickets for 20 regular season games per year, for 50 years, for a Canadian hockey team’s games held in Canada in that Canadian team’s city which shall be selected by the winner from a list provided by the Contest Sponsor, which list shall be selected by the winner from a list of teams provided by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner’s choice of team may not be available. Tickets will be for “average” type seats for the selected team (i.e. Upper Bowl). Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is between $35,000 and $200,000 CAD. The actual approximate retail value will vary depending on the city selected. Location of seats will vary by game and by venue. Alcohol is not part of the prize. All games must take place in the same Canadian city. Winner and companion will be responsible for all costs, including but not limited to any transportation to and from their residence or hotel to the games, meals, incidentals, insurance, taxes, gratuities, accommodations, and all other expenses. If the Contest Sponsor is unable to secure tickets on the winner’s behalf to the winner’s city of choice, for a particular game or games, or at any time in the future, the Contest Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal value or cash in the value of the game or games, or amount still remaining on the total value of the prize as originally selected by the winner.
- OPTION 2 - a single cash payment in the amount of $250,000 CAD.
- The Grand Prize option chosen by the winner will be final and binding and such choice must be made within the time frame specified by the Contest Sponsor.
7. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received, the entrant’s relative skill at selecting advancing Cities and the total number of goals scored (as described above).
8. VERIFICATION OF PINS: PINs will not be accepted unless they have been validated by the system against the master list of available PINs and deemed eligible. PINs are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Contest Rules and through legitimate channels or (b) if any part is counterfeit, altered, defective, tampered with or irregular in any way. We reserve the right to require proof that PINs were obtained in a legitimate manner in accordance with these Official Rules.
9. LIMIT ON PIN CODE ENTRIES: Any attempts you make to enter PIN(s) by using multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, Budweiser King Club member registrations and/or logins, or any other methods, will completely void all PIN entries you have attempted; and the PINs you have entered will be rendered invalid such that they cannot be used. Each PIN is unique and may only be entered once; once it has been entered, it will no longer be valid for use.
10. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: All entries and materials submitted to the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant.
11. USE OF WINNER'S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest all entrants hereby grant to the Contest Sponsor the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, state, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest or a prize in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation.
12. RELEASE: Before the prizes are awarded, prize winners (and their guests, where applicable) may be required to sign one or more declaration, publicity consent, waiver and release documents releasing the Contest Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from all liability of any kind, including without limitation any loss, damage, injury (including personal injury) or expense, in connection with this Contest or occurring as a result of any prize being awarded. By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Official Contest Rules, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation and otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability in connection with participating in this contest and/or any prize awarded.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iv) for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Site, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation, Facebook or any features thereon), howsoever caused; (vi) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vii) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (x) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (xi) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
14. ERRORS: The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize. If, as a result of an error relating to entry, prize drawing, or any other aspect of this contest, there are more potential winners than contemplated in these Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all prize claimants after the Contest Close Date to award the correct number of prizes.
15. DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to post inappropriate or demeaning material on the web page; or (iv) to have entered the Contest as a result of tampering with un-purchased product packaging and obtaining a PIN as a result of that tampering, or otherwise obtaining a PIN from an un-purchased product.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, suspend or terminate this Contest, including modification, cancellation or substitution of the identified prizes, at any time without notice to participants subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”), including but not limited to if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or any other occurrence compromises the fairness or integrity of the contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
17. RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.